Friday, May 20, 2011

I am Not a Hoarder... Really I'm NOT

How Many Cards Can Your Scraps Make ?
                                           
Okay So how many of you Scrapbooker's or Card makers Save your Scraps?
I have this sense that if I throw away a good piece of card stock it's a WASTE.

Now I have been through therapy and realize I cant SAVE every Piece but For the most Part if it's large enough for me to use a punch on it,I will keep it.
  I am a little obsessive...
My Scraps are color coordinated and separated by plain card stock and printed paper/card stock.
That way it is easier for me to find just what I need.
Well a few weeks ago, I was re-organizing because my Up-line offers some really great Training resources and one of her tips is if you haven't used it in 3 months then get rid of it.

OUCH... 
I probably have scraps that are 2 to 3 years old.
So I decided to take a stand and meet in the middle. 
I will NO Longer keep little Scraps.
   I went through and donated the scraps I didn't use to my niece and nephew's so they can have at it and create their own masterpieces at my sister's house.
&
I challenged myself to put my scraps to work for me. So I went on a mission and tried to create cards from only my scraps at first it was a bit of a challenge but after a few, I was on a roll...
So from now on after a few months, I will pull my scraps together and see what I can come up with.
It is one way to recycle something old into something new.
How many different ideas do you think you could come up with? 
I bet you'll surprise yourself. 
So here are pics of almost all the cards. I did leave them blank so depending on the event, I can stamp the sentiment needed.




These are a few bookmarks I came up with.

The Majority of the paper used is Stampin Up! 
However there are so many cards, It was really to much to list, 
if you have questions please feel free to e-mail me.
I would love to hear from you.
I would love for you to take my challenge and show me what you come up with.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yikes, I've got to get busy! I do use my scraps but not as often as I save them - the stash is always growing (and taking up room). Last night, though, evem before reading your blog, I pulled out a finished 'stained glass' image that's been in my stash since last July. I selected 3 other scraps and a fresh base card. It's to be a birthday card. I don't have a blog. The only way I know how to send images is as an attachment to email. If you'd like to see the finished piece, you can contact me at venicepat@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the really good ideas! I have hoarder tendencies, so I follow the same rules.... Now I have a lot of those little cards & prepunched card bases.
    I found you from Outlawz, I'm new there too!

    my blog is sandytozartdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your Time and 2 cents...
Thanks for stopping by,
I hope you were inspired to Kreate today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...